What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
RPA enables companies to easily automate repetitive, redundant and mundane tasks in order to free up employees to perform higher value work. RPA is a rapidly growing form of business process automation (BPM) technology based on the notion of software robots or artificial intelligence (AI) workers. These workers can also be referred to as digital labor. These tools automate interactions with the GUI, and often do so by repeating a set of demonstration actions performed by a user.
How RPA Works?
RPA bots replicate the actions of humans interacting with user interfaces, without making changes to existing interfaces or making manual errors. This significantly increases the efficiency of the system to perform high volume work with zero margin for errors.
Software Robots are similar to physical robots
|Physical Robots||Software Robots|
Perform repetitive physical tasks
► Pick eight chocolates from the assembly line
Perform repetitive software tasks
► Log in to four different systems
Benefits of RPA
Create, test and deliver new automation in days or weeks
Eliminate copy/paste mistakes introduced by swivel chair integration
Fulfill automated tasks in seconds or minutes, round the clock
Develop automation quickly with simple record/playback functions
UiPath is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform that powers businesses with agile robotic workforce by providing a state-of-the-art platform for software robots orchestration. Featured as a leader in consecutive Forrester Wave™ Robotic Process Automation reports, UiPath has helped companies across industries and scale implement front office and back office automation improving their business efficiencies on an unprecedented scale.
Why choose UiPath for Robotic Process Automation
- Open Platform: Easy to try, easy to learn, easy to collaborate. UiPath is extensible, featuring hundreds of built-in, customizable, shareable activities, and deep integrations with ERP, BPM and AI technologies.
- Scalability: Any variety and any number of processes covering all front-office and back-office requirements and opportunities, however complex they may be.
- Security: Unmatched enterprise-grade security and auditing. Role-based access control with encryption everywhere, from network security to managing credentials. Simple audit trails to track every detail.
- Rapid Results: Tested and proven to deliver +40% faster automation design and deployment. 8-10x faster Citrix automation. Worldwide implementation support and certified training enables you to become self-sufficient fast.
- Path to AI: RPA is enhanced by AI extending the possibilities. Cognitive RPA (CRPA) trains your bots via machine learning to make better decisions on the tough cases with fewer exceptions raised.
The Tangentia and UiPath Partnership
Tangentia understands RPA products and business very well and is now a Gold Partner of UiPath. In addition to Tangentia's deep RPA talent pool, Tangentia has developed its own advanced RPA bots leveraging the UiPath platform. These bots significantly reduced the time needed to perform repetitive, mundane and tedious tasks within a financial services company. When people are able to do higher value work, more gets done and job satisfaction increases.
How can our partnership help your business
UiPath’s has partnered with competent partners like Tangentia to take it’s RPA platform to organizations looking to implement automation in their business systems and processes. Tangentia offers the following services using UiPath:
- Helping you with build Center of Excellence (COE)
- Rent, lease or buy bots
- Software resell and professional services
- Bot maintenance, monitoring, support, and enhancement straight from our Bot Operations Center
- Training on how to leverage RPA for your industry
- Staffing solution to augment your RPA project teams
Industrial Use Cases
- Claims Processing and Administration
- Report Automation
- Updating User Info
- Prioritize and Assign Claims
- Adjudication Process
- Audit Management
- Enrolment & Eligibility
- Data Integration Billing
- Medicare Billing & Compliance
- Data Transfer claims
- Processing Eligibility
- Verification Mass Data
- P&C Claims
- Provider Updates
- Insurance Coverage & Policies
- New Premium Processes
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Record to Report
- Tax Services
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Tax Service
- Verification / Auditing Process
- Bank Reconciliation
- Compliance Processing
- Customer Account Management
- New Application Processing – Bank / Credit Cards
- Data Migration Between apps
- Audit Trail
- Statement and Reporting
- Loan Processing
- Payment Cancellation
- Credit Decision
- Order Prioritization
- Master data
- Invoice verification
- Receipt confirmation
- Scheduling processes
- Production Information capture
- Inbound processing
- Inventory management processes
- Pricing management
- Freight costing
- Maintaining Master Data
- Offer Letter Processing
- Onboarding and Exit
- Appraisal-updating process / Change Payroll Status
- Position Management
- Reporting Line Change
- Payment Summaries
- Employment Type Updates
- Service Desk Reports
- Leave Amendments
- Active Directory
- File Systems
- FTP Management
- Automated Installations
- Server / Application Monitoring and Alert Management
- Service Desk Management
- Notification & Escalation
- VMware Integration
- Data Movement
- Config Management
- Routine Maintenance
- Order to Cash / AR
- Credit Analysis and Processing
- Sales Order Processing
- Customer Master Data Management
- Order Entry
- Reports by segments (performance, geography, Inventory network Integration)
- Procure to Pay /AP
- 3 Way Match
- Purchase Order issuance and Invoice Receipt
- Vendor Master
- Payment Process
- Duplicate Payment Tracking
- Record to Report
- Monthly close process
- Financial Consolidations
- Financial Statements
- General Ledger functions
- Journal entry processing
- Inter-company accounting and account reconciliations
- Fixed assets and project
- Cost and Inventory accounting
How we select the best candidate for RPA
|High Volume||Repetitive Tasks||Manual Data Entry|
|Multiple Legacy Systems||Logic & Rules Based Processes||High FTE Required|
Our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Journey
Tangentia RPA PoC Journey
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and assist in identifying the candidates of RPA PoC.
- Engage process owners via discovery workshop to confirm scope of PoC (assuming prior engagement to this point)
- Prepare base infrastructure to host the RPA application.
- Install the RPA tool in single environment.
- Set up system access and credentials
- RPA tool installed in your environment
- Document containing the list of RPA processes for PoC
- Select and confirm 1 process for PoC.
- Conduct workshop for documenting current state process via existing documentation and job shadowing.
- Meet with process owners or stakeholders to explain what will be done in the PoC
- Confirm the objectives of the PoC and “success” criteria
- Build PoC
- Selected process/ Processes
- Confirmed objectives and success criteria
- Process definition document
- Demo the PoC to stakeholders
- Document key learnings, point of view on key questions and next steps
- Document Requirements to move RPA bots into other environment
- Workshop demo of PoC
- Walkthrough of how RPA solution has worked and interacted with other applications
- Document of key learnings
Tangentia RPA PoC to Pilot Journey
- Preparing the test environment
- Preparing the production environment
- Migrate the PoC to test environment and testing
- Identifying 5 additional processes to be automated for Pilot phase and define priority of each.
- Test environment ready
- Production environment ready
- Additional processes PDD
- Test cases results of
Tangentia RPA Pilot to CoE to Enterprise Scale-up
- Assist in building your Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Assist in training and hiring for your CoE such as Business Analyst, developer and administrators.
- Setting up of further environments and conducting knowledge transfer of PoC and Pilot developments.
- Embedding best practices to CoE
- Developed Bots for each process.
- Center of Excellence (CoE) model
- Defined designations and responsibilities
- Bots test cases and reports
We at Tangentia believe in a healthy balance of work and fun. Listen to The Office Robot Song by Mark Latimer , process automation executive and front man of our official band
Tangentia is a global boutique IT consulting firm specializing in Automation, AI, EDI, Digital and Enterprise Security. We are proudly Canadian with headquarters in Toronto and have offices in US (NY) and India (Goa). Our associates and ecosystem partners operate in 30+ countries adopting a “Think Global, act Local “approach.
Our Global Practices
We have global practice running across the globe situated in Toronto, New York and Goa.
- 25+ specialists
- Vertical Focus
- Bot Building
- Roadmap definition
- Off-site & On-Site Training
- Best Practice Webinars
- Center of Excellence (COE)