What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
RPA enables companies to easily automate repetitive, redundant and mundane tasks in order to free up employees to perform higher value work. RPA is a rapidly growing form of business process automation (BPM) technology based on the notion of software robots or artificial intelligence (AI) workers. These workers can also be referred to as digital labor. These tools automate interactions with the GUI, and often do so by repeating a set of demonstration actions performed by a user.
How RPA Works?
RPA bots replicate the actions of humans interacting with user interfaces, without making changes to existing interfaces or making manual errors. This significantly increases efficiency of the system to perform high volume work with zero margin for errors.
Software Robots are similar to physical robots
|Physical Robots||Software Robots|
|Perform repetitive physical tasks
Example:► Pick eight chocolates from the assembly line
► Assemble a finished box of chocolates
|Perform repetitive software tasks
Example:► Log in to four different systems
Navigate legacy screens to retrieve data
► Use data to open a new account in the system of record
Benefits of RPA
Create, test and deliver new automation in days or weeks
Eliminate copy/paste mistakes introduced by swivel chair integration
Fulfill automated tasks in seconds or minutes, round the clock
Develop automation quickly with simple record/playback functions
About Blue Prism
Blue Prism coined the term Robotic Process Automation. The software platform enables business operations to be agile and cost-effective through rapid automation of manual, rules-based, back office administrative processes. This helps them reduce cost and improve accuracy by creating a “digital workforce”
Why choose Blue Prism?
- Surface Automation Accelerate: Automations that Intelligently Automate via Thin Clients
- Enabling a Unified Workforce: Via a customized Digital front end to robotics, powered by Trust Portal
- Multilingual User Interface: Ease of Use with Multilingual UIs (Starting with Japanese)
- Unprecedented Insight: New published dashboards offer unprecedented insight by packaging and externalizing analytics data for visibility within 3rd party tools
- Multi-Team Environments: Segregate User Access to Object, Process or Resource Groups to Further Ensure Compliance
- Enterprise-wide Password Vaults: A choice of credential vault – now supporting Credential Management in CyberArk
- Veracode Verified: Committed to delivering secure code to help organizations reduce the risk of security breaches.
- Improved Control Room: Ease of Use with Multilingual UIs (Starting with Japanese)
- Cloud & AI Enablement: Reference Architectures for Azure Clouds and AWS
- Native Support for Google Chrome: Directly automate Chrome in a purpose-built solution.
How Blue Prism and Tangentia can help you
Tangentia and Blue Prism to help organizations leverage Robotic Process Automation to Drive Digital Transformation. Tangentia offers the following services using Blue Prism:
- Helping you with build Center of Excellence (COE)
- Rent, lease or buy bots from our Bot Repository
- Software Reselling and provide you with Professional Services
- Provide Bot maintenance, monitoring, support and enhancement straight from our Bot Operations Center
- Training on how to leverage RPA for your industry sector
- Staffing solution to augment your RPA project teams
- Tangentia has certified ROM architects available to set up and deliver ROM model
Robotic Operating Model (ROM®) is a repeatable methodology for implementing a Digital Workforce at scale – with 7 key pillars that make up this fundamental model for a smooth implementation. And to deliver this ROM® effectively, there is a need for right skills, right people and right roles within the organization.
There are 7 Foundations of the Robotic Operating Model:
- Vision – Identifying the expected business benefits and outlining how these align to corporate strategy.
- Organization – Defining the organizational design that best supports delivery of the RPA capability and aligns with corporate strategy and culture.
- Governance & Pipeline – Defining a method to select the best processes for the RPA pipeline, to ensure the business realizes the benefit of its investment.
- Delivery Methodology – Defining the optimal delivery strategy and embedding policies for rapid and efficient delivery of Blue Prism processes in a structured, controlled and repeatable manner.
- Service Model – Setting up the engagement model required to support operational processes while defining the management, reporting, scheduling and referral handling processes for business as usual.
- People – Defining the roles and responsibilities, supporting the selection of candidates for all roles and defining training/mentoring approach for the Blue Prism delivery and support teams.
- Technology – Defining a highly scalable and maintainable technical architecture and associated strategies to ensure the environment is being set up to allow maximum business benefit.
Industrial Use Cases
- Claims Processing and Administration
- Report Automation
- Updating User Info
- Prioritize and Assign Claims
- Adjudication Process
- Audit Management
- Enrolment & Eligibility
- Data Integration Billing
- Medicare Billing & Compliance
- Data Transfer claims
- Processing Eligibility
- Verification Mass Data
- P&C Claims
- Provider Updates
- Insurance Coverage & Policies
- New Premium Processes
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Record to Report
- Tax Services
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Tax Service
- Verification / Auditing Process
- Bank Reconciliation
- Compliance Processing
- Customer Account Management
- New Application Processing – Bank / Credit Cards
- Data Migration Between apps
- Audit Trail
- Statement and Reporting
- Loan Processing
- Payment Cancellation
- Credit Decision
- Order Prioritization
- Master data
- Invoice verification
- Receipt confirmation
- Scheduling processes
- Production Information capture
- Inbound processing
- Inventory management processes
- Pricing management
- Freight costing
- Maintaining Master Data
- Offer Letter Processing
- Onboarding and Exit
- Appraisal-updating process / Change Payroll Status
- Position Management
- Reporting Line Change
- Payment Summaries
- Employment Type Updates
- Service Desk Reports
- Leave Amendments
- Active Directory
- File Systems
- FTP Management
- Automated Installations
- Server / Application Monitoring and Alert Management
- Service Desk Management
- Notification & Escalation
- VMware Integration
- Data Movement
- Config Management
- Routine Maintenance
- Order to Cash / AR
- Credit Analysis and Processing
- Sales Order Processing
- Customer Master Data Management
- Order Entry
- Reports by segments (performance, geography, Inventory network Integration)
- Procure to Pay /AP
- 3 Way Match
- Purchase Order issuance and Invoice Receipt
- Vendor Master
- Payment Process
- Duplicate Payment Tracking
- Record to Report
- Monthly close process
- Financial Consolidations
- Financial Statements
- General Ledger functions
- Journal entry processing
- Inter-company accounting and account reconciliations
- Fixed assets and project
- Cost and Inventory accounting
How we select the best candidate for RPA
|High Volume||Repetitive Tasks||Manual Data Entry|
|Multiple Legacy Systems||Logic & Rules Based Processes||High FTE Required|
Our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Journey
Tangentia RPA PoC Journey
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and assist in identifying the candidates of RPA PoC.
- Engage process owners via discovery workshop to confirm scope of PoC (assuming prior engagement to this point)
- Prepare base infrastructure to host the RPA application.
- Install the RPA tool in single environment.
- Set up system access and credentials
- RPA tool installed in your environment
- Document containing the list of RPA processes for PoC
- Select and confirm 1 process for PoC.
- Conduct workshop for documenting current state process via existing documentation and job shadowing.
- Meet with process owners or stakeholders to explain what will be done in the PoC
- Confirm the objectives of the PoC and “success” criteria
- Build PoC
- Selected process/ Processes
- Confirmed objectives and success criteria
- Process definition document
- Demo the PoC to stakeholders
- Document key learnings, point of view on key questions and next steps
- Document Requirements to move RPA bots into other environment
- Workshop demo of PoC
- Walkthrough of how RPA solution has worked and interacted with other applications
- Document of key learnings
Tangentia RPA PoC to Pilot Journey
- Preparing the test environment
- Preparing the production environment
- Migrate the PoC to test environment and testing
- Identifying 5 additional processes to be automated for Pilot phase and define priority of each.
- Test environment ready
- Production environment ready
- Additional processes PDD
- Test cases results of
Tangentia RPA Pilot to CoE to Enterprise Scale-up
- Assist in building your Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Assist in training and hiring for your CoE such as Business Analyst, developer and administrators.
- Setting up of further environments and conducting knowledge transfer of PoC and Pilot developments.
- Embedding best practices to CoE
- Developed Bots for each process.
- Center of Excellence (CoE) model
- Defined designations and responsibilities
- Bots test cases and reports
We at Tangentia believe in a healthy balance of work and fun. Listen to The Office Robot Song by Mark Latimer , process automation executive and front man of our official band
Tangentia is a global boutique IT consulting firm specializing in Automation, AI, EDI, Digital and Enterprise Security. We are proudly Canadian with headquarters in Toronto and have offices in US (NY) and India (Goa). Our associates and ecosystem partners operate in 30+ countries adopting a “Think Global, act Local “approach.
Our Global Practices
We have global practice running across the globe situated in Toronto, New York and Goa.
- 25+ specialists
- Vertical Focus
- Bot Building
- Roadmap definition
- Off-site & On-Site Training
- Best Practice Webinars
- Center of Excellence (COE)