What is IBM Watson?
Powered by the latest innovations in machine learning, Watson lets you learn more with less data. You can integrate AI into your most important business processes, informed by IBM’s rich industry expertise. You can build models from scratch, or leverage our APIs and pre-trained business solutions. No matter how you use Watson, your data and insights belong to you − and only you.
Features of IBM Watson
- Accelerate Research and Discovery: Spend less time looking for the information you need and more time acting on it.
- Enrich Your Interactions: Reduce response times, increase the number of transactions, and make every interaction meaningful and productive.
- Anticipate and Preempt Disruptions: Use AI to constantly monitor the condition of systems that power your business to ensure bigger problems don’t disrupt your work.
- Recommend with confidence: Teach systems about parameters and nuances to ensure they take every important factor into account when you make a decision.
- Scale Expertise and Learning: By combining every employee’s expertise with your industry’s latest learning, each of you knows as much as all of you.
- Detect Liabilities and Mitigate Risk: Train systems to understand and keep up with constantly changing regulations and privacy obligations.
IBM Watson Services
- Watson Assistant: Watson Assistant is an offering for building conversational interfaces into any application, device, or channel. Most chatbots try to mimic human interactions, which can frustrate users when a misunderstanding arises. Watson Assistant is more. It knows when to search for an answer from a knowledge base, when to ask for clarity, and when to direct you to a human.
- Watson Studio: Accelerate the machine and deep learning workflows required to infuse AI into your business. IBM Watson Studio provides tools for data scientists, application developers and subject matter experts to collaboratively and easily work with data to build and train models at scale. It gives you the flexibility to build models where your data resides and deploy anywhere in a hybrid environment so you can operationalize data science faster.
- Watson Machine Learning: Use trusted data to put machine learning and deep learning models into production. Leverage an automated, collaborative workflow to grow intelligent business applications easily and with more confidence.
- AI OpenScale: AI OpenScale allows businesses to operate and automate AI at scale – irrespective of how the AI was built and where it runs. Available later this year via the IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Private, it infuses AI with trust and transparency, explains outcomes, and automatically eliminates bias.
- Discovery: Watson Discovery wins the #AIconics award for Best Innovation in NLP Unlock hidden value in data to find answers, monitor trends and surface patterns with the world’s most advanced cloud-native insight engine.
- Discovery News: Access pre-enriched news content in real-time.
- Natural Language Understanding: Natural language processing for advanced text analysis.Take your understanding of unstructured data to a whole new level with a full suite of advanced text analytics features to extract entities, relationships, keywords, semantic roles and more.
- Knowledge Studio: Empower domain subject matter experts to teach Watson the language of your industry or organization without requiring deep technical skills or coding.Apply what you’ve taught Watson in multiple applications by using models from Watson Knowledge Studio in Watson Discovery, Watson Natural Language Understanding and Watson Explorer.
- Visual Recognition: Tag and classify visual content using machine learning.With only a few images, our computer vision service can learn any new object, person, or attribute such as identifying car type and damage to estimate repair costs. Train models effortlessly with Watson Studio — a free workspace where you can seamlessly create, evaluate, and manage your custom models.
- Speech to Text: Automatically transcribe audio from 7 languages in real-time. Rapidly identify and transcribe what is being discussed, even from lower quality audio, across a variety of audio formats and programming interfaces (HTTP REST, Websocket, Asynchronous HTTP)
- Text to Speech: Convert written text into natural-sounding audio in a variety of languages and voices
- Language Translator: Translate text from one language to another. Take news from across the globe and present it in your language, communicate with your customers in their own language, and more.
- Natural Language Classifier: Generate higher accuracy on less training data through NLC’s ensemble of machine learning techniques. NLC models include multiple Support Vector Machines (SVMs) and a Convolutional Neural Network (CNNs), using IBM’s Deep Learning-as-a-Service (DLaaS).Classify text in multiple languages, including English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish.
- Personality Insights: Predict personality characteristics through text.Use linguistic analytics to infer individuals’ personality characteristics, including Big Five, Needs, and Values, from digital communications such as email, blogs, tweets, and forum posts.
- Tone Analyzer: Analyze emotions and tones in what people write online, like tweets or reviews. Predict whether they are happy, sad, confident, and more.
Why IBM Watson?
- Learns more with less data: Your data is valuable, no matter how much (or little) you have. Watson can ingest, enrich, and normalize a wide variety of data types without any additional integration, allowing you to make use of data from a broad range of sources with ease.
- Protects your insights: Only Watson gives you complete control of what’s important to you. With Watson on the IBM Cloud, you maintain ownership of your data, insights, training, and IP
- Reimagines your workflows: Your business processes get smarter with Watson. From healthcare and education to finance, transportation, and energy, Watson is trained by leading experts in your field, so you can quickly embed into your existing workflows. Watson understands the language of your industry and taps into deep domain knowledge to help you make more informed decisions faster.
How can Tangentia and IBM Watson help you?
Tangentia and IBM Watson’s AI services will help you leverage the depth and breadth of AI technologies such Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Computer Vision, text analytics, speech recognition, speech synthesis, language translation and more.
- AI CoE: Helping you with roadmap definition, planning, setup, staffing and ongoing operations of your AI CoE.
- AI Application Development and Maintenance: Helping you with roadmap definition, planning, setup, staffing and ongoing operations of your AI CoE
- Training & Academy: Learn how to leverage AI for your industry sector and enterprise and train your staff with Tangentia AI academy services.
- Consulting: Global on-demand expertise solutions to augment your AI project teams